Can anyone identify this breed?

Looks like a Spanish Black! They're really cool!

Here's a tom I used to have:

His feathers were kind of iridescent and greenish! Really pretty! I miss him... he was so laid back, but my hens did not care for his uh... attention... made for a lot of drama... so I gave him away. Cute little baby you've got there!

They look really similar! But i went to their website and looked at the breeds they have, they don't have any spanish blacks!

I googled all of their turkey breeds as chicks (I should have done this from the start!) And i believe Penguin to be a Blue slate Turkey

Thanks for getting back to me! Sorry you had to get rid of your handsome dude!

It is hard to see in the red light of the photo but the pattern of pale on the bird looks very like some of mine. I have what I know to be Chocolate turkey and they look like that with the darker color being a brown. I also have a mistake (was supposed to be a chocolate) that looks the same but the darker feathers are a blue grey color instead. I was told that was a blue slate.

It is hard to see in the red light of the photo but the pattern of pale on the bird looks very like some of mine. I have what I know to be Chocolate turkey and they look like that with the darker color being a brown. I also have a mistake (was supposed to be a chocolate) that looks the same but the darker feathers are a blue grey color instead. I was told that was a blue slate.
This sounds promising!

I got some better pictures of Penguin:

LOOK AT HIM. He's adorable! Yeah, doesn't look like a Spanish Black anymore, lol! I love his legs! What interesting colors!

Blacks, slates, and chocolates all have the basic black pattern that your poult seems to have. The difference is the color of the dark parts, which are almost black in blacks, brown in chocolates, and blue in blue slates (how's that for scientific). Looks like it might be a chocolate?

Back
Top Bottom