Can anyone *please* give advice/help? Injured wild turkey šŸ˜¢

Contact your local game warden or DNR agent and turn the turkey over to them.

You are in the illegal possession of a wild turkey.
Normally yes, but they are going to be realising the turkey.
May I suggest that you get a baseline weight and reweigh daily? If it loses 5-10% of its bodyweight you will need to tube feed it.
i didnt even think of that, thats very smart!

Donā€™t be ridiculous!

I am a wildlife rescuer for a local organisation. I contacted them first/immediately. I am absolutely 100% ok to try and attempt to rehabilitate this poor bird. It is not suffering.
The wild turkeys only live approx 2 kilometres from my parents house, and if this turkey regains itā€™s strength itā€™ll go back to its family.

I am not breaking any law. The only law broken was some imbecile thinking it was ok to plough through a flock of beautiful turkeys crossing the road.
You did not say that you were authorized to be in possession of wild turkey, how were we to know what you don't tell us? We also didn't know you were in Canada, things might be different there.
There was no reason for that reply.

You did not say that you were authorized to be in possession of wild turkey, how were we to know what you don't tell us? We also didn't know you were in Canada, things might be different there.
There was no reason for that reply.
I think it was a dont be ridiculous like ā€œi would bever do thatā€ not to be rude, i think (or thats what i heard from it)

I usually keep injured wild birds and a quiet, dark place to allow it to recover. I leave the patient alone and evaluate every three hours. If the bird is stable I turn them over to a licensed rehabber in 24 hours. I've found that wild turkeys don't do well in captivity and will bash themselves against an enclosure if startled.

Back
Top Bottom