Can anyone tell me what bantam breed and gender these two chickens are?

Last Train Vnyd

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
Southern Ohio
I bought some assorted bantams on April 12, 3013 and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they are male or female and what breed of bantams they are? I am going to have to find a new home for them if they are males and need to know how to advertise them (breed wise)? My best guess is that they are 10 weeks old but could be a little older depending on how long they had them in stock at the store.

The first has a black body, grey head, and feathered legs. When it was a chick it was all black and very fluffy. Within the last few weeks its head has turned grey. It was a very sweet bantie chick but is now showing aggression by grabbing a female by the back of her neck--maybe early mating behavior??

The second one is mostly a reddish color with a lot of other colors throughout. Pictures do not show true since its color and pattern is so complex. It also has feathered legs. Quite a beautiful bird! When it was a chick it was reddish brown with lots of spots on its wings and one little dark red spot on the top of its head. It has always shown aggression even at an early age by chest bumping with its feet and claws extended.

Thank you for all your help!
love.gif

I would guess these are Cochins. ???

I would guess Cockerels. ???

I have never worked with this breed so I don't know how fast they develope color, combes, wattles, etc. so just guesses.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom