Can anyone tell what breed my new ladies are?

jknox1982

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 19, 2014
Muscle Shoals AL

The first picture is Ashley she is mostly black with brown "highlights"
The Second brown girl is Nugget!!

I have had them for about a month and now that I am in the group would love to know what they are!!
And I am guessing they are hens because I have gotten eggs from both, unless one is laying 2 somedays and only 1 others LOL

that is what I thought. I got them from a women I work with she has allot of free range chickens and caught these too for me. Thank you for getting back to me

They will most likely go broody eventually, and if you give them some fertile eggs they will very likely be excellent mothers.

I have been reading that word allot? Broody, what does it mean and can I prevent it? Where would I get fertile eggs?
Broody, that means they will want to set/ hatch eggs and in most hens you can prevent it by collecting eggs everyday BUT if a game hen is good and she really broody she will set and try to hatch anything including egg size rocks.

I read allot on it last night and even called around to some folks I know with chickens, if need be I should be able to get some fertilized eggs. Made me a bit nervous. I am one of those crazy people who want to be prepared for anything and everything. That's one of the many reasons I love this group. Thanks for letting me know.
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom