Can Chickens eat Blueberries and Red Grapes?

i keep grapes in the fridge for a refreshing treat on a hot day, also frozen corn with just a bit of water run over it to thaw it just a little. Mine dont like blueberries very much. My aunt has a grape vine across the road and i saw them jumping for them too, hilarious.

Is there something wrong with my chickens - they don't seem excited about any of the food treats I've given them. I had never offered them treats until I started reading this forum. I gave them watermelon, apple pieces, and green beans and some rabbit pellets that are alfafa........they did like the green beans. I thought chickens would eat anything! I'm such a rookie at this!

The run is large and our entire property is sand. They do eat any bug that comes their way. My chickens are about 12 weeks old and are RI Reds. They love it when I take the water hose and make the ground wet for them.

The first time I ever put watermelon in my coop ALL my chickens made a big circle around it at a fair distance and then they all laid down and stared at it for over an hour like it was going to eat them if they moved. Now they almost knock me down when they see watermelon coming.
lau.gif

Quote:
My kids did this with lettuce leaves! My romaine lettuce got infested with this critter that burrowed into the backs of the leaves in these coocoons, so I thought, 'hey, protein AND crunchy lettucy goodness' and tossed the whole leaves into their enclosure.

They all backed away towards the coop in horror.

I went back out an hour later and one of them was walking around the lettuce leaves, carefully.

It wasn't until it was time to shoo them into the coop that they started munching. Hysterical
smile.png

My chickens eat almost anything I throw out for them.
If yours are picky try strawberries if not a little bread works too. The only problem with bread is they don't get much out of it.

Have you tried offering your chickens a cold baked potato minus the skin. Mine fight over this-will grab a piece and run round and round the pen with the others in hot pursuit. They also love cold cooked oatmeal and plain yogurt with applesauce. They seem to really go after the dried worms, instead of live ones.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom