Can ducks burn themselves out - lay TOO much?

Huh.
I am not making them lay at all. Actually, I wish they would slow down! I can't keep up! I do all the usual stuff - feed, water with some ACV, peas, let them have time out of the yard when I am out there. Pools... nothing special. But I didn't light them or heat them this winter & have no intentions of doing so.

Maybe it is all the band rehearsals on the front porch lately - the music makes them happy?
Music loving ducks...that HAS to be it!!!
gig.gif

They do come around despite the banjo. Most humans won't even do that. And they come & stand in the middle of the jam looking at us all.
One day they launched a mission to inspect the stand-up bass. It sounds funny when ducks nibble on strings. They ran, too, when they get a good note out of it.
My bird feeders are all near the porch & during practice they are full of finches & a even a bluebird the other day. There was a line to use the feeder during last practice, and 2 weeks ago a bunch of deer came & stood in the big field & watched us play. I think it is something about music soothing wild beasts...

Maybe everyone should try playing bluegrass for their ducks, too.

They do come around despite the banjo. Most humans won't even do that. And they come & stand in the middle of the jam looking at us all.
One day they launched a mission to inspect the stand-up bass. It sounds funny when ducks nibble on strings. They ran, too, when they get a good note out of it.
My bird feeders are all near the porch & during practice they are full of finches & a even a bluebird the other day. There was a line to use the feeder during last practice, and 2 weeks ago a bunch of deer came & stood in the big field & watched us play. I think it is something about music soothing wild beasts...

Maybe everyone should try playing bluegrass for their ducks, too.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom