Can goats eat too much minerals?

Don't be concerned about the individual ingredients. It's the analysis that is important. It is formulated to be fed free choice so it's just the "minerals and vitamins"
I was just concerned that they might add molasses or something to make it more palatable.
I have seem this done before, and it might make them eat it for the taste, not the minerals.

Ok great! Thanks everyone! I split just under a half cup in between the two little basins and the one goat Ruby, who looks to have at least triplets in there and is the more dominate doe gobbled down most of it. Delilah my other doe did come and get some but left earlier. What type of salt should I provide? And should it just be poured into a little tray on the wall?

I was just concerned that they might add molasses or something to make it more palatable.
I have seem this done before, and it might make them eat it for the taste, not the minerals.
They do add cane molasses and salt to make it palatable otherwise it is bitter and they won't touch it. It is formulated to be fed free choice so it isn't mixed with feed stuff like alfalfa that will make them eat it non stop.

They are on second cutting alfalfa I believe. I’m not the one who normally handles the hay but I know it’s alfalfa. They are also get two cups of grain a day. I’m not sure what kind it is I’ll look when I get home tonight.

Back
Top Bottom