Can I give my ducklings MuliVitamin Tablets ?

Dean321

In the Brooder
Oct 7, 2015
I want to know that can I give my ducklings multivitamin tablets ..... and if yes how much quantity do they need and what potency do they need ?

Also if anyone knows the name of tablets please share it with me...
Thanks

Last edited:
Are you feeding an all flock type of feed? If so, they shouldn't need any additional vitamins. If you do provide additional, I wouldn't use tablets. Either a vitamin mix for poultry or a few drops of Poly-Vi-Sol WITHOUT Iron, in their water.

Niacin is a critical vitamin in duckling and gosling development.

Are you feeding an all flock type of feed? If so, they shouldn't need any additional vitamins. If you do provide additional, I wouldn't use tablets. Either a vitamin mix for poultry or a few drops of Poly-Vi-Sol WITHOUT Iron, in their water.

Niacin is a critical vitamin in duckling and gosling development.

I give them cucumber , tomatoes and rice ....... not other food ...... In my country the poultry feed is rarely available so in these condition what do you recommend ?

Then you probably don't have the poly-vi-sol baby vitamins. You should be able to get thiamine tablets.
If the ducklings are young, they need lots of protein. Any animal protein will work including fish, bugs, mealworms, etc..
The meat will have lots of vitamins and minerals including niacin.
You can cut back on the protein by 5 weeks of age.
Any grain you can source locally will be good for them.
Dried brewers yeast is good for them too.

What country? That may help.

Then you probably don't have the poly-vi-sol baby vitamins. You should be able to get thiamine tablets.
If the ducklings are young, they need lots of protein. Any animal protein will work including fish, bugs, mealworms, etc..
The meat will have lots of vitamins and minerals including niacin.
You can cut back on the protein by 5 weeks of age.
Any grain you can source locally will be good for them.
Dried brewers yeast is good for them too.

What country? That may help.

We can use multi-vitabmin tablet like vidaylin-T etc ?

Most likely but just don't overdo vitamins. It is a good idea without a commercial feed but too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
For young ducklings, protein is going to be critical.

Most likely but just don't overdo vitamins. It is a good idea without a commercial feed but too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
For young ducklings, protein is going to be critical.

hmmmm.... thanks for the reply also please suggest me some daily routine food for my ducklings , I mean like cucumber etc what other vegetables can I give to them ?

Back
Top Bottom