Can I see your hatchery orpingtons?

Hoover's Hatchery Buff Orpington hens:
Snapchat-1414231361.jpg

Snapchat-785251037.jpg

Screenshot_20230901-165943-398.jpg

Snapchat-449143104.jpg

Snapchat-2001968674.jpg

They don't sport the fabled fluffiness or heaviness of an actual English Orpington, and I lost three of nine to potentially fatty liver (too many treats / birds that like to sit by their feeder) almost within the first year. One of them is a super broody/mom, one other has gone broody, and one was a runt but has overcome it while healthier looking ones fell by the wayside. They aren't extraordinary layers but are nice, even tempered, steady girls and I'm happy using them to establish a more customized barnyard mix in future.

I know this is an older thread. But this is my red Orpington (she’s huge!) and lavender Orpington from Mt Healthy last spring. I have a buff that looks the same as the lavender. I think the red Orpington is more of an English show type, she was about $17 so cost quite a bit more.

The lavender one is super dopey and sweet. None were super friendly until they were laying, but now they’re so sweet.

Attachments

• IMG_6789.jpeg
    IMG_6789.jpeg
    753.5 KB · Views: 1
I know this is an older thread. But this is my red Orpington (she’s huge!) and lavender Orpington from Mt Healthy last spring. I have a buff that looks the same as the lavender. I think the red Orpington is more of an English show type, she was about $17 so cost quite a bit more.

The lavender one is super dopey and sweet. None were super friendly until they were laying, but now they’re so sweet.
Oh what a great flock addition, Red Orp!!! That would help fill the gap where I miss having RIR's! I don't get them anymore because I've had to many get mean, I like sweet Orps!!

Back
Top Bottom