Can partially developed eggs be eaten?

spankarelli

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 30, 2013
I had a Bantam hen that was setting on a clutch, eaten by some predator last night She had 14 beautiful eggs under her in the nest. Seems like such a waste. When we found her poof of feathers this morning the eggs were ice cold, or I would've thrown them in our incubator. Can they be eaten? I know I see people in Thailand and stuff eaten partially developed chicks on Food shows, but these were about day 7 or 8 or so and are closer to egg than chick (after breaking one open to see how far along). Can they be eaten boiled or something? I figured boiling them would bring the internal temp up to a point that would be safe to eat. Anyone know anything about this?

I would still toss em in the incubator. Eggs survive cool down way better than over heating. I know of some that have been incubated for 12 days then cooled down for a full day and still had 60% hatch

Great thanks! I should've thought. People do mail eggs to hatch so I should've guessed they would be OK. Thanks so much. It was just disappointing to see our last hen get got off the nest. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom