Can Poultry netting keep out Animals

rocketdoctor

Chirping
12 Years
May 10, 2010
Anyone experienced with Poultry netting over a large run to keep out foxes and/or coyotes? ive used it as a solution on a 20x40 fenced run area to keep hawks out, but Im wondering if it would work for keeping coyotes/foxes. I know they could tear it with their teeth but wondering if they would bother when they have to climb to get to it. anyone with experience with this?

I’d love to hear from someone with experience. I just bought the same netting and am hoping it will work for a bobcat cat (who would get tangled before he reached any hens) as well as hawks...

Anyone experienced with Poultry netting over a large run to keep out foxes and/or coyotes? ive used it as a solution on a 20x40 fenced run area to keep hawks out, but Im wondering if it would work for keeping coyotes/foxes. I know they could tear it with their teeth but wondering if they would bother when they have to climb to get to it. anyone with experience with this?
75CCD6E5-5FEF-4979-A289-E5E0E3B55D36.jpeg
this is a photo of the “upgraded” netting we just installed in October ..... (ordered on amazon but shipped from pinnon hatch farm) I can say from experience that it was very difficult to cut even using relatively new and sharp caping knife. It was also a much easier material to hang and work with than other netting I’ve used. I also run a “hot” wire on the perimeter. so my answer would be that the right netting could be 1 effective tool in predator-proofing but I would not be solely dependent on it as only barrier.

Back
Top Bottom