Can someone help me identify please?

ChickPrincess

Songster
7 Years
Jul 6, 2012
Canandaigua NY
I can't figure out what these girls are. We got them from TSC and they were all in a tub together. Out of the same tub we got a RIR (maybe a mix? not sure) a EE hen and our EE rooster pictured in my avatar.
I thought white leghorn, but the one solid white one has grey legs, whereas the others have yellow legs.
I'm stumped. Any clues?

Pic 1, very slight brown in feathers, yellow legs

Pic 2,This is "Marshmallow". Some brown, mostly white, yellow legs.

Pic 3, Pure white feathers, grey legs.

Pic 4, Mostly white, some brown and grey on her head. Yellow legs.

They are about 14 weeks old. Just wondering if they may be white leghorn crossed with EE or something else? Just really curious what color eggs I will get?

They are most likely Tetra Tints. A popular leghorn hybrid introduced into hatcheries about a year and a half ago.

I agree with Pele, they look like Tetra Tints (aka: Amber links) to me too. I have a few of them also, I just put them in a with the red sex links in my signature.

yes those tetra's will lay white eggs

EXCEPT, LOL that cute little white girl with slate legs. She looks to have just a touch of puffiness around the cheeks. If she is an f1 leghorn cochin cross you have a good chance of getting pink eggs from her. f2 back to leghorn maybe...very hard to tell...but that could mean a mint green egg possibly.

Last edited:
What does "f1" or "f2" mean?
hu.gif

They should be laying eggs soon. They are just beginning to squat and Henry is dancing with them. I'll post when/if I can figure out who's laying what. They are close to 15 weeks now. My egg customers are looking for eggs! lol

Back
Top Bottom