Can someone show me some pictures of there duck houses

We put in several nesting boxes along the back wall......For some reason I do not have many pic of the inside.
th.gif

This one I posted on another thread.... Misty sems to like the duck's boxes. I will keep searching for more pics of the inside

Kins of depends on where you are. I'm in Florida so mine is open air with roofing over part of it and a wind break inside I couldn't find any other pictures or it but here is my Muscovy drake also.
lol.png

LOL! so true if you live in the land of warmth and sun your needs are quite differemt... we were -7C the other night... Nice boy btw
wink.png

We put in several nesting boxes along the back wall......For some reason I do not have many pic of the inside.
th.gif

This one I posted on another thread.... Misty sems to like the duck's boxes. I will keep searching for more pics of the inside
Strangest looking duck ... do you know the breed?
tongue2.gif

Funny, now that you mention it....this one does not give me eggs...she steals them and eats them....I need to rething "that kind" of duck! LOL

Here is another picture of the inside. We just put in the chicken nesting boxes (yes they need to be painted - Everything does) But this shows you how big we made the duck nesting boxes. They do use them and use them a lot.

I do have shredded paper mixed in with the shavings. I shred it at work (pull out all paperclips and staples ). I then take the used bedding and spread it around the trees as much.

tbitt, that is hilarious and UBER cute. I was going to say, "that duck looks suspiciously like my neighbor's Beagle dog....." HA!

Mine is currently being used as a chicken coop, but the residents are being booted when my ducklings are old enough to go out full time. It's an 8x8 shed also, and I love it for the chickens - super handy!

This is when we had it set up for temporary use; it now has hardware cloth sides:

We sequestered off 6' x 8' of it inside (you can see the nest boxes to the right - the pop door is directly across). This shed/coop made the light bulb go off for me that the eggs from this coop are NEVER muddy, even when it rains heavily. Why? Because the hens have to walk across the dry shavings from the outside in order to get to the nest boxes so their feet are dried by the time they hit the nest box:

Just thought this was a cute pic; that is Macey in the picture, she was the best dog I ever had the pleasure of sharing time with. I lost her a few years ago, and when she went, so did a piece of my heart. Anyway, she was always by my side, and was our project manager for this project:

Back
Top Bottom