can someone tell me what this is??

nala143

Hatching
12 Years
Jun 1, 2007
Westchester County
i found this in the street a few days ago. first i thought it was a chicken, then someone said a pheasant. and now i'm seeing baby turkeys looking like this!! it still had the egg tooth on it when i found it 4days ago so its somewhere around a week old.

DSC02868.jpg

DSC02859.jpg

I'd say baby turkey! My brother-in-law raised two wild babies after their nest was destroyed!
smile.png

well first i thought it was a chicken, then a pheasant. ive been trying to give it all sorts of things. but it doesnt eat anything. bread, cooked oatmeal, egg yolks, cooked rice. i took it outside and it ate some bugs so i felt better. i actually found a place that sells chick starter, so im gonna get some of that. if it is a turkey, i know thats not the proper food, but its better than nothing, right? i was lucky enough to find that, i dont know if i could find game feed around here.

Definitely a baby turkey. Looks just like our wild poults. Try getting turkey starter or purina flockraiser crumbles for him. Most feedstores have both of these and they are higher protein for proper development for the little one. You could try marbles in the food and water to get it to peck and drink. Good luck with him.

Jody

ive dunked the beak into the water and it drinks from it. so i guess it understands that. i dont have feed stores around me. the place i found the chick starter is a regular pet store. but when i go i will check if they have the turkey feed.

Thanks for all your feedback!

looks like turkey to me too. supplament a boiled egg with its diet to give it a boost of protein. thats good for chicks no matter what they are
smile.png
Crystal

Back
Top Bottom