Can the black skin from silkies show up unexpectedly in silkie mixes? PICS!!

why did the OEG x Silkie hen cross didnt produced black skin pullets? well they could only iherit the Id gene from their OEG father thats whay..

id+ plus Fm is such a great combo that it can be use to create Sexlinks...

Cross ANY Silkie rooster to ANY, ANY hen with yellow/white shanks and you will produce visible Sexlinks, the pullets from that cross will produce Black skin pullets that you can see since hatch.. and males with yellow/white shanks..

I've done this (fibromelanotic rooster x white leghorn pullets) 100% Sexlinks

I crossed a Silkie rooster and a Delaware hen and held back 3 of the slate shank chicks. 2 were white with slate shanks and 1 was brown with slate shanks. The 2 white ones ended up being roosters and the brown one a hen. I guess it doesn't work every single yellow/white shank hen.

I crossed a Silkie rooster and a Delaware hen and held back 3 of the slate shank chicks. 2 were white with slate shanks and 1 was brown with slate shanks. The 2 white ones ended up being roosters and the brown one a hen. I guess it doesn't work every single yellow/white shank hen.
It's not about the Shank color of the F1 cross(Silkie x Delaware) it's about the Skin, organs that are turned dark/blue/slate colored, I can assure you that the roosters of that cross did not have black/dark skin/organs, other genes at play will give some roosters of this cross slate/green shanks, but only the shanks and beak color(bluish/greenish) but the skin white.

I have a Silkie Serama hen with five toes and black skin mated with a OEG bantam rooster. Half of the chicks have 5 toes. And half have black skin some have 4 toes.. Are they sex link Chicks.

I am afraid that the cross you have is not sex linked, the only sex link cross with silkies(or other fibromelanistic breeds) and white/yellow shanked breeds is the use of a Fibromelanistic Rooster(Fm/Fm id+/id+) with a clear shanked hen(fm+/fm+ Id/-) what we are doing is using sex link dermal inhibitor Id and it's wildtype recessive sex linked id+ as base for the sex link cross, Supercharged by the effect of Fibromelanotic Fm, Fm/fm+ id+/- F1 females will have Dark skin, Fm/fm+ Id/id+ males will have white/yellow skin

I know this thread is old, but a friend recently got 6 chicks that are silkie rooster to barred rock and RIR hens. Will they be sexlinked?

Back
Top Bottom