can the chickens eat bread?

Mine love bread! However, I try to be careful with all treats to not give them too much of something that is going to throw off the balance of their diet. I have read other postings that bread does not provide much nutritional value for chickens.

And while talking about bread, left over pancakes are even more popular. I used to only cook enough pancaked to feed the family. Then i would dump the extra batter down the drain. Now I cook it all or that there is leftovers. I might even mix up a little batter more than I know our family is going to eat just to make sure I have extra
wink.png

Read the ingredients on your hen feed. Notice how WHEAT is one of the top three ingredients, and one of the few real ingredients in it?
wink.png

They can eat bread. . . .

this is gross but the little black flour beetles attack my corn bread mix. I had it all mixed up to cook when I noticed the bugs. Oven was hot I though what the H--- the chicken wont care I'll cook them little devils. I cook it for them and they had corn waiting for them the next morning. They loved the extra protien. I never throw beetles away anymore. Nasty little creatures anyway.

Quote:
Keep the corn meal in the freezer to avoid that problem. Also, sticks of spearmint or double mint gum stored with pasta and grain products keeps weevils out of them.

Rufus

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom