Can you breed chickens in pa?

GlowBean

Chirping
Dec 16, 2023
Pa, United states
Hello! I'm hoping to make a chicken breed called a Spring Speckle though I don't know on if your allowed to breed chickens in pa, I'm positive you need a permit. Though that's all I know.

I can see needing business/tax permits for the business side and NPIP for shipping, but I don't see needing a permit for selective breeding.
Alright! Thank you for letting me know on what I (might) need, that was really helpful and thank you for your ideas. Thankfully I asked my parents on if were allowed to breed the chickens (We also asked our neighbors which they're okay with). Have a great day!

What are your plans for the chicks you hatch out? Keep in mind, about half of them will be male. Can you have roosters where you live? If not, you could have a problem right from the start.

Are the birds just for your own flock? If so, you probably don't need anything other than the space to house more chickens. Read up on breeding ANY breed of chicken; expect this to be a long term, multi-year project.

Are you planning to sell chicks or hatching eggs as a way to cut down on your numbers and/or finance your project? That's a whole 'nother ball game. Now you need to look into permits/licenses, whatever your state, and perhaps county require.

I have looked this up before as well. I don't think you need a permit or anything of the sort. You can just breed your chickens. But it depends on what part of Pennsylvania you live (town, county) and if you are located in a rural or urban area.
If you don't mind my asking, what part do you live?? Because I know some of the local ways but its just country and chickens are really popular around here.

I have looked this up before as well. I don't think you need a permit or anything of the sort. You can just breed your chickens. But it depends on what part of Pennsylvania you live (town, county) and if you are located in a rural or urban area.
If you don't mind my asking, what part do you live?? Because I know some of the local ways but its just country and chickens are really popular around here.
Same here everybody has chickens 🐓

Back
Top Bottom