Can you De-crow a Rooster?

cwc362

Crowing
14 Years
Sep 26, 2008
Huntingdon- West Tn
I have seen this mentioned as a joke on some other threads- But was wondering if this is really possible? I , luckily don't have to worry about that , but I know that the rooster crowing makes it impossible in some places to keep them. Would it be a very invasive operation ? Would it be better to be done while it is still a chick. Would it be considered cruel? I was just wondering about this and I have no opinion one way or another. Just thought that people who live where no roosters are allowed might be able to keep one if He didn't crow.

Sure, it's easy. Just turn it's head until it clicks. It's kind of an off switch I guess. There doesn't seem to be an on switch though.

I've only got one neighbor who is kind of an ___ . But so far has been cool with our chickens. Even thought he did raise a whole lot of H**L about our other neighbor having a goat. He don't even live that close to the other neighbor and said they smelled. Of course the field behind our house is right in front of his house. So if he gives me any grief- I will be planting a nice long row of very invasive bamboo along our property line. I know where some is that I can get cuttings from that grows so thick and wild , you can't throw a cat through it!! (another old southern saying) . Then he won't be able to hear smell or see much . He'll have to pump in sunlight. The choice is his- My motto- Don't start none - won't be none
lau.gif

Quote:
Thanks!! If I had as many answers as I have questions- " I'd be cooking with grease!!" (old southern saying) I have no idea what it means though.
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom