Can you De-crow a Rooster?

cwc362

Crowing
14 Years
Sep 26, 2008
Huntingdon- West Tn
I have seen this mentioned as a joke on some other threads- But was wondering if this is really possible? I , luckily don't have to worry about that , but I know that the rooster crowing makes it impossible in some places to keep them. Would it be a very invasive operation ? Would it be better to be done while it is still a chick. Would it be considered cruel? I was just wondering about this and I have no opinion one way or another. Just thought that people who live where no roosters are allowed might be able to keep one if He didn't crow.

good question...
pop.gif

Quote:
Thanks!! If I had as many answers as I have questions- " I'd be cooking with grease!!" (old southern saying) I have no idea what it means though.
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks!! If I had as many answers as I have questions- " I'd be cooking with grease!!" (old southern saying) I have no idea what it means though.
lol.png

lau.gif
dont worry it must mean something sage and wise...
old.gif

i'm going to have my mom (who works at a vet hosp) ask one of the drs there if its possible. if it wouldnt hurt the thing, i may have to offer up one of my free rangers. But id wonder if the rooster would give up on life? Because thats what he does. Crow and breed and protect.

hmmmm ill keep you posted on the DRS answer

Back
Top Bottom