Can you help me build a pen :).

RandAram

Hatching
Oct 12, 2016
Hi,I am thinking of building a chicken pen soon ,so I want to buy chickens (for the eggs) ,partridges(cause they are my countries cultural animal) quails,pigeons ,and guinea fowls (cause they can work as watchdogs for the rest, but the problem is that I know that partridges and quails shouldn't be close to chickens so can you guys make a design of a pen through the paint app on your computers on how it should be and how many meters it should be away from each other ,thank you for your time.
Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! What country is your home? I'm not educated on the distances breeds should be kept apart so I can't advise you on that. I also don't have the computer skills to design the pen you are describing...sorry. Others may be able to help you out but they will need to know things such as how many birds of each species you are planning on raising at one time. Peruse our Coops Page https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops to see if certain styles suit your desire. Best wishes! :)

hi thanks , I am kurdish but I live in sweden ,you can design it by going to start then type paint on search programs and files :)

Howdy there, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am glad you joined us! I can not currently drop everything I am doing to design a coop, but I would suggest looking at the coop link that redsox gave you, there are hundreds of coop designs there, and you just might find something that fits your bill! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Oh, do yourself a favor and don't get partridge. I have them and they are demons, I swear. Most awful birds I've ever owned.

Guineas, pigeons, and chickens though are all quite fun.

Tons of info available on this site, including what types of poultry can be housed together. And there are loads of coop ideas and aviary threads. First, check out the Learning Center. And make liberal use of the search feature. There is everything you could ever possibly want to know available on this site, you just have to be willing to find it.
There are too many factors involved for anyone to come up with an 'ideal' plan for you. Each species has it's own needs and space requirements, and what you can keep will be limited by the amount of property you have and the numbers and breeds that you want to keep.

Back
Top Bottom