Can you tell me what breed my rooster is? :-D

Rillion

Songster
10 Years
Jun 8, 2009
Texas
I believe firmly in doing my homework on something before jumping into it. So even though I don't have chickens yet, I have books about them all over the house....my boyfriend made fun of me this morning because I have a copy of The Complete Chicken next to the bed! It's my bedtime reading; what can I say?

So I stopped into Hobby Lobby this morning, and what do I see on display? Chickens everywhere-- chicken plates, chicken plaques, chicken mugs, chicken teapots, chicken napkin holders, chicken everything! And it was all 50% off. I managed to escape without buying the whole store, but with this guy:

rooster.jpg

So what breed do you think he is? I'm thinking maybe buff cochin?
lol.png

Last edited:
I think its a buff laced transparent leghorn/japanese cross. The comb and wattles look leghornish and the short legs say japanese. There may be a touch of cochin as shown in the roundness of body.

Last edited:
I want one of those. I'm going to Hobby Lobby this week.

I have a couple of what might be called egg holders....not sure what they are used for.....they are made of colored wires, and a few other chicken things. I've had these things for years, long before I started raising chickens.

I love those glass chickens! Let me guess - $5 ? That would be a good deal! I sometimes find those in Marshall's. Great find. He's cute.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom