can you?

ferretmommie

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 16, 2010
ohio
ok my daughter and I are getting ready to get some chickens and ducks , we are new to both never had them before but we are reading up and learning a lot online and some book we have gotten from the library and friends that have had them and a lot of good tips , but what we want to know and haven't been able to find out is ....can we have ducks and chickens in the same coop and run area? or will we have to build a coop for each and keep them separated. Planning on buying young chicks and ducklings so they would be raised together from a young age. ty

ok well I guess I just got my answer ...lol if I would have looked down on the post before I posted this question I would have seen the pic with the ducks and the chickens housed together , ok very awesome we were really hoping we could have both together...woohoooooo

welcome-byc.gif
They can be housed together...But an extra water source may be required for the chickens. Ducks do tend to mess it up within minutes of cleaning a water dish.

Good luck with the young ones when you get them.

Thank You very much , we are very excited about our new spring arrivals, I think that I have totally decided to get the mascovy ducks to , they are just beautiful , I just hop I cN FIND SOME IN MY AREA... I also have decided to go with the silkies as my chicken choice. They are all going to be pets but maybe later as we get better about knowing our ducks and chickens I would love to have babies....lol here I go again.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom