Canadians check in here....

Hi everyone! I'm new here, this is my first post. I live in Southern NB and currently have 5 production brown and white layers. LOVE my girls but we're really looking at expanding our little flock and adding some variety. Does anyone here know of any shipping of day old chicks of different breeds within Canada, or have any experience transporting them from across the border? I have a US address and live not to far from Maine, I just worry about the paper work for coming back.

From what ive heard its hard to get them accross the border. We are getting some rarer breeds from NS through active life farms(Mottled houdans, sicilian buttercups, chanteclercs, blue australorps and easter eggers.). Im in NB as well and also got some gorgeous little rhose island red chicks from a guy named Hallus. I dont know how long he will have chicks though i heard he was getting out of them.

New member here! I'm in East Ontario, Canada. Looking for friendlies here & any in the Ottawa (& east) area. Don't have any fowl yet but will be moving in to a home w/ a large lot so will be keeping quail (cots). :D
welcome-byc.gif
I live across the river (Quebec) from Ottawa!!!

From what ive heard its hard to get them accross the border. We are getting some rarer breeds from NS through active life farms(Mottled houdans, sicilian buttercups, chanteclercs, blue australorps and easter eggers.). Im in NB as well and also got some gorgeous little rhose island red chicks from a guy named Hallus. I dont know how long he will have chicks though i heard he was getting out of them.
Blue Australorps? I haven't heard of them until now ... they must be beautiful. Australorps are one of my favourite breeds, on my list as part of my first mixed flock, so I am curious to see what they look like. Do you have any pics?

They're all ordered from McMurray hatchery, I called the border I will be coming back across and the lady I spoke with was really friendly, she actually sounded like checking out baby chicks would be fun? lol I'll let everyone know how I actually make out, they're due te week of May 13th!

I had actually originally had an order in with Active Life but wasn't overly impressed with them :/
I has been communicating with Kevin since this winter, was told I would have chicks end of March/first of April, didn't happen, sent several emails all of which went unanswered for any weeks, he JUST responded to my last email (after a few weeks) and said mid May. I told him to cancel my order as I had ordered from McMurray, I kinda thought he maybe didn't want to do the Moncton delivery for 25 chicks that he said he would. Hope you have better luck!

New member here! I'm in East Ontario, Canada. Looking for friendlies here & any in the Ottawa (& east) area. Don't have any fowl yet but will be moving in to a home w/ a large lot so will be keeping quail (cots). :D
Welcome to BYC!

You have friendly neighbors :) I'm up North of you picking up supplies for my coop as we speak. 22 chicks and 4 ducks can't wait in my brooding pens much longer! Rouen, Swedish, 2x Magpie ducks, heaven only knows what all chicks I ended up with! lol RiR bantam, gold laced wyandote, silver too, ameraucana, Black Australorp, Phoenix, a couple chicks w feathered feet, and a whole group I have no clue what they are. The farm I bought from wasn't able to fill the whole order so I picked up several chicks that I forgot the name of already. lol Once they're older it will be easy to identify them I'm sure.

Hello ChickenCrazy8 & Mountain Wampus! Good to know there are some folks close by. May have to bug you both to help me find some great deals on bulk game feed, etc. Atm I'm at a loss for that stuff!

Blue Australorps? I haven't heard of them until now ... they must be beautiful. Australorps are one of my favourite breeds, on my list as part of my first mixed flock, so I am curious to see what they look like. Do you have any pics?
They are a cross of Black Australorp and some other Australorp I read they don't always give blue chicks, some hatchery in Canada sells them but I can't remember which.

Back
Top Bottom