Canadians check in here....

Hi there!
Just joined from Wildwood Alberta (west of stony plain) I have 38 hens 2 roosters and 16 chicks. And boy do I love my farm eggs
Hey there,
I'm not all that far from you, Carvel Area.
You have a nice little flock going. What breed(s)?
Farm eggs are the best!
Glad you joined!

Most of my group

Hi Quailsong - we are in CURRAN ON and I work in Ottawa :) I think we might have chatted before about Skara Brae. On that - she has gone MIA for me now too. She mentioned having a lot of things to juggle. I really hope though that she is able to get back at the business come early spring. She has all the breeds I want!

what breed of chickens do you have? We don't yet have anything - we unfortunately were too late in the season it seems to be able to get chicks when we started to get ready. Because our chicken coop isn't quite completed yet we can't take anything much older than a a few weeks old. The coop should be done in about 2wks.
Hello! I'm a little slow to respond here, but glad I caught this! I think we have talked yes. We might try her again next Spring.

Right now I'm down to just Barnevelder hens & one EE roo. I'm hoping to get a few other varieties as well as a Swedish Flower Hen. Though a new friend I made recently is thinking on splitting an order of eggs with me, so that I can give a try at hatching. SB sells hers at $100 for a dozen though & SFH's are reputed to have poor hatch rates. So I'm really nervous about that. :(

Def take your time on the coop. The more you can add tweaks to it, the better it'll be for the chickens you get. That way you can start fresh in the Spring with baby chicks & not worry about keeping anyone warm over a freezing winter!^^

Back
Top Bottom