Canadians check in here....

Wow I don't know why I didn't check here sooner! I'm from Toronto originally but my family has settled about 15 minutes east if Guelph and have never looked back. I have about 40 birds now and I'm working on my first hatch. Look out!!!! I'm a dangerous woman with an incubator...it's like the quantum physics of chicken math...it sweeps you into another dimension where possibilities are limitless! LOL
Anyone off to Mt. Forest in Oct? It will be my first time...
Hi! I'm about 45 min. East of Toronto. I'm in my first year of raising the rare Belgian Cuckoo Malines. I'm very pleased with the results so far for this great dual purpose bird. :) Incubators are dangerous things, lol! So much fun though! Enjoy Mt. Forest! I don't have time for shows or B/S/T's. :)

Wow I don't know why I didn't check here sooner! I'm from Toronto originally but my family has settled about 15 minutes east if Guelph and have never looked back. I have about 40 birds now and I'm working on my first hatch. Look out!!!! I'm a dangerous woman with an incubator...it's like the quantum physics of chicken math...it sweeps you into another dimension where possibilities are limitless! LOL
Anyone off to Mt. Forest in Oct? It will be my first time...

Hi sydmurph
We are in Millgrove and are new to this site this year too. Have you been to Rockton Fair? Pretty big agricultural area, we went last year. Not far for you either.

Hi! And nice to 'meet' you! You're right, we are quite close! And no, I've never made it out to Rockton fair...I find many of the fairs are held the same weekends so I get all excited...'lets do Guelph! London! Erin!' And when I sit down and hash out the dates I have to cross them off my list because they fall on the same two weekends. I'm quite north, so Acton is my home fair, and we never miss it. So that leaves me one weekend to pick from just one of the awesome fairs. I'd be interested to hear from other ON members here too about their fairs, when they're held, etc. how fun would it be to do the whole 'circuit'; one every weekend in September!!!

Code:
i saw some silkies, white and black breeds on Kijiji

I have been on the same quest now too. I have found a gorgeous pair I will be breeding probably in the spring. I found a few whites on Alberta chickens and am on my way to get them as I type this! If you're on the mainland you may have better luck! I'm on the island and trying to find quality has proved very difficult.
I did find a flock of 5 blacks and one is currently sitting on 4 eggs.
I ended up getting eggs from Ontario, lavender ones because I have come up cold, they're in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom