Canadians check in here....

peterborough ontario,... well im here recently. but moved lots all over quebec and ontario.

looking for chantecler in ontario if anyone has any, partridge or white, would like to get a program to trade specimens here and there going.

Performance Poultry in Ontario, that's where I got my buff Chanteclers. I know he offers partridge and white too. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Try getting some liquid Calcium from the drug store or Costco Add it to her drinking water. Just because you offer her oyster shell does not mean that she eats it. If the calcium is in her water, you can be assured that she is getting it.

That's a great idea! Could turn out to be expensive if your flock is a bit larger but still could be something to look at for general maintenance. Right now my girls are a bit crowded - I had to bring my ducks back into the sheltered chicken yard because an owl decided to have one for a snack
hit.gif
...was a good life lesson for my kids but still emotionally devastating for me. Anyway, before I get totally off topic
tongue.png
...I was saying that my girls are a bit crowded and I've noticed that some of the eggs shells are thin sometimes. If I found myself in a position where I needed to go this route and add the calcium to their drinking water, could you give me a ratio that would be appropriate?

None of mine have laid yet. I had a dream 2 nights ago that I went to the hen house and found my first egg, so I was super excited and went straight there in the morning... No eggs lol

Back
Top Bottom