Canadians check in here....

Yes they are getting more locations now, St. George, Paris and Cambridge!!
clap.gif

Heyyy!
Without internet for a while-but back online now! Ya!

Sorry to hear about what a hard time everyone has been having with the cold weather. Flat Rock, so sorry that you lost birds! I am keeping this wretched winter in mind as I am optimistically planning my coop.

Brant show is at the Paris fairgrounds. Coop at 8:00, breakfast served all morning. So far over 300 entries! I would LOVE it if some peeps came to meet up! That would be amazing!

Went to corporate development last night to propose adoption of a bylaw supporting urban poultry. I think it was well received by most of the councillors so my fingers are crossed. A reporter called and interviewed me today. She asked a lot of good questions and I am happy about my answers so I hope the story is portrayed in a positive light. Next meeting is mid April and they may actually vote at that point before taking it to council. Eeek!

How cool! I'd be interested in going to the show! I'd love to have something to show, but I don't. At least I don't know that I do.

I'd love to have a hen to show, something purrrrty!

hi, someone recommended i connect here... I guess there is a group in and around Paris, ON that is trying to fight legislation about urban chicken by-laws... I'm trying to get some info to do the same here... St. Catharines.... it went to council 3 years ago and was denied but I'm wondering if there is some thing more I can do.... can these people connect? Also, if there are any underground chicken owners please connect too...

Hey! Who here feeds meal worms to their flocks? We have several HUGE colonies going (we keep turtles and tortoises who love those suckers) and I wondered if anyone in the area wanted some? I have heard that chickens love them. They are easy to maimtain and grow. All you need is some bran, veggie scraps and plastic containers.

Speaking of feeding...how do all of you feed your chicks? I have heard different opinions. Medicated feed? Non medicated? What brand and if you offer suppliments, which ones?

Hi to all im from new-brunswick ( near Bathurst) is there a place where i can buy chicken eggs for hatching ?? tanks to all

I'm in Ontario... what some call "northern" but it sure gets more north than Thunder Bay, where I am. I'm just gathering information right now, no hens (yet!)...

I'd like to come to the Brant show in Paris Fairgrounds, if I can trust myself not to buy anything! I'm in the Cambridge area. Should we Back yard Chicken members wear some thing to identify ourselves to each other, just for fun?

Back
Top Bottom