Canadians check in here....

The top one looks like my pullet ~ smaller comb (like almost none) and wattles. the bottom one does not. Looks to be developing a larger comb and wattles. He'll probably develop more feathering too.

Between the feather colouring and comb size/colouring I agree completely with the opinions already expressed. Top one is a pullet, bottom looks like a roo.

Hey Everyone,

So my coop is on its way! Concrete poured, base made, now I'm hoping the rest will come together quickly! I'm wondering if anyone in Ontario has had luck with finding battery cage hens to adopt? I'm having a hell of a time trying to find some and I have contacted pretty much every organization/poultry farm I can think of. This is my last ditch effort to see if anyone in Ontario can help. If I cant find any I will order some chicks but I love the thought of giving some adult hens who had it rough a better life. thanks in advance!

Hi Welcome, I am also in Nova Scotia, near Truro. Just starting my flock for the first time. Having difficulty sourcing birds myself. Starting just with 10 layers from Feeds n needs, see how that goes and then going into heritage breeds hopefully.

Hello Highland Spirit

I'm from PEI. I got my silver pencilled plymouth rocks from George Nauss in Brookfield, NS, not far from you. I don't know if he is still around because he was over 80 a few years ago, but I am very pleased with the birds that I got from him.

HI Everyone,
I'm new and I'm from Ontario (relatively near Ottawa). This is my first time keeping chickens. I purchased some laying hens (2 partridge coloured americaunas, 1 black americauna mix, 1 barred rock, 1 leghorn and two rhode island reds). It's been an adventure building the coop and getting to know the "girls". I look forward to learning from all of you. :)

Back
Top Bottom