Canadians check in here....

I'm not familiar with a place to buy pullets in Nova Scotia…I know that Frey's Hatchery in Ontario supplies Feed stores and Farm supply stores in Ontario. Frey's likes people to place their order at the feed store and pick up the pullets there. Perhaps you can do the same in NS? Good luck
Try ActiveLifeFarm.
http://www.activelifefarm.ca/ourchickens.html
You may find what you're looking for there. Don't know where you are located in NS though. It may be too far wawy for you.

Last edited:
Took a semi-long hiatus from BYC & other chicken forums over much of the Spring/Summer. Lots to focus on at the little farm & my other hobbies. Now things have started slowing down so I've more time for chicken talk.

I'd love to look for some friends in the Ottawa, Ontario area. Anyone who wants to trade e-mails, farm stories & maybe even swap eggs, feathers, fluffbutts or visit each other if the friendship hits off well!

I've quail, chickens, turkeys & ducks here. And I'm totally up to any feathered-talk, even house pets like finches! Toss me a PM please so I won't miss your reply.

Took a semi-long hiatus from BYC & other chicken forums over much of the Spring/Summer. Lots to focus on at the little farm & my other hobbies. Now things have started slowing down so I've more time for chicken talk.

I'd love to look for some friends in the Ottawa, Ontario area. Anyone who wants to trade e-mails, farm stories & maybe even swap eggs, feathers, fluffbutts or visit each other if the friendship hits off well!

I've quail, chickens, turkeys & ducks here. And I'm totally up to any feathered-talk, even house pets like finches! Toss me a PM please so I won't miss your reply.

Wow I was so tired last night I read that as anyone in Ottawa OR Ontario....I was all pumped up and going to send a message but my phone needed to recharge so I figured I would wait till morning. Good thing I did.

Wow I was so tired last night I read that as anyone in Ottawa OR Ontario....I was all pumped up and going to send a message but my phone needed to recharge so I figured I would wait till morning. Good thing I did.
Oh dear! Well I don't mind making friends elsewhere, it's just that after a year of living in this new home I've still yet to find local chicken keepers who want to keep up contact. Usually everyone I meet online who lives in Ontario, ends up being around Toronto or far in the South-West. So never close enough for a visit. :(

Hey Quail Song,
Maybe this will help? The Fraser Valley PPPSA
http://fvpfa.org/Member_Classifieds/default.html
The best thing I have done is join my PPPSA! Instant friends and contacts. Had my first emergency with a bird today and within an hour had someone from my club at my place, saving my bird! Lots of fun and gets you involved in the hobby!
There is also a Vernon club but no too sure which is closer to you.

Hey Quail Song,
Maybe this will help? The Fraser Valley PPPSA
http://fvpfa.org/Member_Classifieds/default.html
The best thing I have done is join my PPPSA! Instant friends and contacts. Had my first emergency with a bird today and within an hour had someone from my club at my place, saving my bird! Lots of fun and gets you involved in the hobby!
There is also a Vernon club but no too sure which is closer to you.
Wait, Fraser's in BC...that's the other end of Canada. :)

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario area. As I said in my OP.^^

just outside Kitchener ontario!
welcome-byc.gif
What do you have in your backyard?
frow.gif

Just joined today. We are just outside Halifax Nova Scotia. We have one Hamburg and one Rhode Island Red. I am thinking of adding a pair of muskovy ducks for variety.

Back
Top Bottom