Canadians check in here....

Good morning I am from Eganville Ontario,

Where could we find some,

Buff Brahma, Polish and Chantecler hens near our area (in the Spring)? My husband bought some Polish hens in the spring and after three days some vultures got them...he was so sad and our grand children too...

Still having problems with my Tom Turkey...
Denise Chicken Paradise has Chantecler and Golden lace polish
Performance poultry has chantecler and buff brahma (but VERY mixed reviews out there on performance poultry)
Skara Brae Farms has a nice variety of different breeds but she is a small hobby farmer who has A LOT on her plate so response back can be slow

Denise Chicken Paradise has Chantecler and Golden lace polish
Performance poultry has chantecler and buff brahma (but VERY mixed reviews out there on performance poultry)
Skara Brae Farms has a nice variety of different breeds but she is a small hobby farmer who has A LOT on her plate so response back can be slow

I second the PP comment; mixed reviews. You're definitely getting hatchery stock from them. But from personal experience they do seem to be trying their best, despite mix-ups, re-schedules & the likes.

Skara Brae has been nothing but kind. Unfortunately, she has been very busy this year, but from what I've heard, I think the demand for her birds reflects the quality she puts into them.

[I don't know of CP so can't speak of it.]

Badhairdo980, I will say that a lot of patience is needed, esp for finding the specific birds you want. But that patience will be rewarded in time, with far fewer regrets.

We just picked up 2 Brabanters (4wks old) and 1 welsummer, 1 lemon cuckoo orpington and 1 Wheaten Maran. Those girls are about 12wks old. It's exciting. But stressful at the same time! I have never had chickens so i have no idea what is normal behaviour.

We just picked up 2 Brabanters (4wks old) and 1 welsummer, 1 lemon cuckoo orpington and 1 Wheaten Maran. Those girls are about 12wks old. It's exciting. But stressful at the same time! I have never had chickens so i have no idea what is normal behaviour.
ya.gif
Congrat's!!

Did you get them from Gwen?? Love my Brabanters
love.gif

Hey Faydra! I'm from Vernon... What type of hens did you find, and where did you get them from? I'm searching for Ameraucanas and Copper Marans... I currently have an Easter Egger, an Australorp, and a Lohmann Brown (who I LOVE!!). :eek:)

Hey Faydra! I'm from Vernon... What type of hens did you find, and where did you get them from? I'm searching for Ameraucanas and Copper Marans... I currently have an Easter Egger, an Australorp, and a Lohmann Brown (who I LOVE!!). :eek:)
Hi Chickax - I can't speak from personal experience (because i have not purchased from there as I live in Ontario) but you should check out Briarwood Poultry http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com/

they also have a facebook page. They have a lot of different breeds including the amaraucanas and copper marans. I would love to check them out but sadly not from the area.

Back
Top Bottom