Canadians check in here....

Haha I'm born amd raised on VI but now in Alberta
Haha yay for VI!

Snow melted, but its back with fury this morning. Snowing like crazy all over again. Said not to stay but it's looking otherwise to me right now.
roll.png

Haha this winter is throwing me a bone and then taking it away again and again...and again!
th.gif

I think winter's been throwing us all for a loop this year! Whoever heard of +10* in January on the prairies? That's Vancouver weather! Do you guys want it back? My chickens don't know what to make of it either! lol
gig.gif

Too funny, we really are at a whim to our environment, eh?

I will happily take it back, not only are the chickens displeased but this really is messing with my poor little seedlings!

Agreed! We're in Ontario (1hr west of Toronto) and looking to start our flock again with Chanteclers. Any tips for sourcing chicks or pullets?

@welliwood No, I'm a first timer myself, and I won't be getting any Chanteclers in my first flock. I'm sure there are breeders around, but I haven't looked into it. Performance Poultry sells Chantecler chicks if you're willing to pick up.

@JekkaLynn I'm in Eastern Ontario

Agreed! We're in Ontario (1hr west of Toronto) and looking to start our flock again with Chanteclers. Any tips for sourcing chicks or pullets?
[/quote]

are you close to Erin?

My friend Zehara Carreau has some nice Chanteclers. She is on facebook. If you give me your email I could have her contact you.
She is near Lucan Ontario.

Hi all from Southern Alberta. Just stopping in! I am a total newbie chicken lover, I have 6 sweet littles at the moment (not sure on breed yet...or sex for that matter) but they are the cutest things to watch! We also keep bees, but my husband handles most of that, making the chickens mine :) I can't wait to take them outside, but its going to be a while yet. Cold here and they are so young yet. Something to look forward to anyway!

Hi all from Southern Alberta. Just stopping in! I am a total newbie chicken lover, I have 6 sweet littles at the moment (not sure on breed yet...or sex for that matter) but they are the cutest things to watch! We also keep bees, but my husband handles most of that, making the chickens mine :) I can't wait to take them outside, but its going to be a while yet. Cold here and they are so young yet. Something to look forward to anyway!

Welcome! I grew up around Edmonton, but decided to freeze more out on the prairies!
1f602.png
1f602.png
What kinds of chickens do you have?
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom