candling/hatching question

Ok I'll see if I can find a different kind! It's not really eating or drinking yet, but I've got a couple eggs boiling to add to the food.

Ok, well they don't technically need to eat for the first few days of life (still have the remaining yolk from the egg in their bellies), but it's always safer to get them eating/drinking as soon as possible. I like mine to start eating and drinking at a day old. They are usually more active then and starting to explore things a little. :)

Wanted to add: This is when you can bring the duckling over and gently dip the end of their bill in the water a couple times until they take a sip. That should get them drinking on their own, and if they don't show interest in food right away you can kind of play around in it with your finger to get the duckling's attention over there. Then they'll come over and pick at where your finger is and ta-da! They usually figure it out pretty quick. ^-^

Last edited:
congradulations
clap.gif
good job on those patience, see kids are good for teaching us patience. helped with waiting on this egg. good job tb.

@turtlesgalore Thank you!!

@Orca5094 She (that's what I'm hoping it is anyway! Lol) is doing great!! Shes eating and drinking good! I tried to post yesterday, but I didn't have enough service on my phone! I also tried to upload a updated pic, but it won't load!

Glad she's doing well! If we refer to her as a "she" right from the beginning, there is a higher probability of her being a female. Seriously, there have been studies. ;)

Aww, but I want to see a pic! I wonder why it wouldn't load? Is it maybe too big or something?

Glad she's doing well! If we refer to her as a "she" right from the beginning, there is a higher probability of her being a female. Seriously, there have been studies. ;) 

Aww, but I want to see a pic! I wonder why it wouldn't load? Is it maybe too big or something?

X 2. True. Female embryos are stronger than male. In a case like this there is a stronger probability the it is a "she".

Really?? That's crazy! Lol. I know! I wanna show her off! Hehe :D idk why it's not working!! I've tried a bunch of times with a fee different pics!

Back
Top Bottom