candling/hatching question

Yes, this is a slightly special situation. ;)

tbevans, if your air cell looks pretty close to normal now, I would go ahead and start lock-down to be safe. Keep us posted! ^-^

This is the recent status of the aircell.

That's much better! I think you should be able to lock them down now, get the humidity back up. Be sure to lay them down with the lowest part of the dip laying on top. (in your pic, the floor should be on the side your hand is on, with the other side up)

Good luck!

I added a bowl of water with a sponge a little bit ago and it is up to 40% as of now! :) fingers crossed everything works out from here!

Thanks! I promise I won't open it anymore until this is over! Lol

Last edited:
The air cell is still a little on the small side, but definitely much improved! I wouldn't want to wait any longer to lock-down, so good job! And good luck! ^-^

Thanks!! My humidity is now up to 54! I'm now a nervous wreck and keep peeking in the window on the top of the "incubator" lol!!! Guess I'll do some cleaning to keep myself occupied! Haha

Now that lockdown has started and I can't candle anymore to know what's going on...lol how long until I can expect to see the pip on the outside of the shell?

Oh gosh, its impossible to guess. Today, tomorrow, the next day... hopefully by the weekend? Normally its within a couple days after raising the humidity, but this hasn't been the most normal hatch.

Back
Top Bottom