Canning and Home preserving

Welcome to the thread. From what I have read it takes a bit more acid for certain jellies. You might read what the manufacturer of the pectin you used recommends. I will look it up as well.

You may still be able to resurrect your jam fail I will look in to that as well.

deb

Thank you Deb! I may have found how to fix it on a Facebook group page. I am going to give it a try and see if it works. I appreciate the guidance and good luck with your remission!

@slippednfell

This is a commercial jelly maker "Grey Goose Gourmet" She uses Jalapenos but I am certain that you can use what ever pepper you want.

She uses the types of jars for commercial sales. They get inverted for the seal. But you can use regular mason jars. She also explains the science of making Jellies.

I hope you find this useful.

deb

I thank you again :) I have made a jalapeno jelly that turned out fantastic. I also made a raspberry jalapeno jelly that turned out runny but was strained and can be used as a syrup. The sweet red bell pepper jelly set in the pan and on the ladle... I was shocked to find it not setting after the water bath canning method. I even put one jar in the fridge to see if that helped the set and it didn't.

Going to give a fix that I found a try and will let you know how that worked out. It won't be today as I hope to make carrot cake jam today if I have time. 20200322-IMG_3149.jpg

Attachments

• 20200322-IMG_3140.jpg
    20200322-IMG_3140.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200322-IMG_3139.jpg
    20200322-IMG_3139.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200322-IMG_3132.jpg
    20200322-IMG_3132.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200322-IMG_3129.jpg
    20200322-IMG_3129.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200322-IMG_3128.jpg
    20200322-IMG_3128.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 1
My newest thing I want to try is soda syrups for the Soda Stream machine. My sister and niece both bought the machines and really like them. I am trying to drink less sugar and caffeine and the store bought sodas are just so sweet now for me, so I may get one also. I don't want to get into drinking the artificial sweetener sodas (they taste really sweet to me, too). If nothing else, the syrups will be good just with water and on ice. Maybe with tea or lemon-aide. I gave my sister one of the cranberry juices and she said it was "fantastic - and all gone :( ".

My newest thing I want to try is soda syrups for the Soda Stream machine. My sister and niece both bought the machines and really like them. I am trying to drink less sugar and caffeine and the store bought sodas are just so sweet now for me, so I may get one also. I don't want to get into drinking the artificial sweetener sodas (they taste really sweet to me, too). If nothing else, the syrups will be good just with water and on ice. Maybe with tea or lemon-aide. I gave my sister one of the cranberry juices and she said it was "fantastic - and all gone :( ".

I pretty much can't drink most popular soda as they are too sweet for me too and I detest artificial sweeteners. I was on a 7 up kick as it is less sweet than most other sodas but now I am drinking ginger ale. I fear if I bought a soda stream machine, I'd really drink too much soda. I mostly drink water with a splash of Hint lemon water.

Please let me know how that Carrot Cake Jam turns out. I have been eyeing that recipe for a couple of years. It sounds interesting.

@
wyoDreamer

The carrot cake jam turned out excellent. I've never had carrot cake but my husband has had it but it has been a while ago. He said it tasted like it. I tasted it and it was yummy. It set up perfectly too. The recipe I used was from Taste of Home. I'm going to try and attach it here.

I hope you like it. :)

Attachments

• Carrot Cake Jam Recipe _ Taste of Home.pdf
    201.3 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom