Canning and Home preserving

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-190253_Kindle.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-190253_Kindle.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 2
OK I bought a steam juicer. And I found the kind with the spigot. The only reason I passed on it was because I would rarely do fruit. I would rather have Conserve, or Jam, and even then I would use it maybe once or twice a year.

But Now that I know I could do chicken or even quail in there. When it comes time to can poultry I would get a two for one. Plus when making Fish stock its a delicate process and the fish parts cant be cooked too long.

I am Excited. :weeI need this.

deb

OK I bought a steam juicer. And I found the kind with the spigot. The only reason I passed on it was because I would rarely do fruit. I would rather have Conserve, or Jam, and even then I would use it maybe once or twice a year.

But Now that I know I could do chicken or even quail in there. When it comes time to can poultry I would get a two for one. Plus when making Fish stock its a delicate process and the fish parts cant be cooked too long.

I am Excited. :weeI need this.

deb
Also good for making vegetable broths.

This is new one to me always floured and fried but have to give this a go tomorrow
Zucchini Fritters
These fritters are unbelievably easy to make, low in calories, and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies!

Ingredients
1 ½ pounds zucchini, grated
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg, beaten
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions
Toss zucchini and salt together in a large colander and place in sink to drain for 10 minutes.
Put zucchini in the middle of a piece of cheesecloth; wrap cheesecloth or dish towel around zucchini and squeeze to drain as much moisture from zucchini as possible.
Mix flour, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, kosher salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in zucchini.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Scoop batter by the tablespoon into the hot skillet and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.

That recipe is a lot like the recipe I use for potato pancakes. Minus the Parmesan cheese and subbing in the zucchini for grated potatoes.
I will have to give it a try.
Sounds like a little ranch dressing to dip into, or some garlic aioli drizzled over the top would be a nice touch also.

My daughter has just got herself and me also into canning now. So I decided to design a shelf for her from 3/4 plywood to fir in the space between the laundry cabinets nd the door in the basement laundry/mech room. I was going to make it 15" deep thinking on space for 4 jars deep and then count how many that was and went with 12" and 3 jars deep.

It will sit on the concrete floor and be screwed to the studs in the wall and notched in the back for the baseboard. A center shelf support since each shelf can hold between 66 and 100 pounds if fully loaded.

I designed it in autocad.
Canning Shelf design.JPG

Back
Top Bottom