Can't get my humidity DOWN.

Quote:
Volunteering to move to FL? I could so use a few of those gorgeous silkies you have.

Fortunately, my humidity is only slightly higher than I want it at this point... though I did everything short of put it in a vacuum ; )

I would leave it, as the incubation progresses you will not have to add water too often.

What town are you in? I grew up North of Tampa in LOL

I'm really in the Brandon area, if you know where that is. A suburb of a suburb of a suburb lol

That area has exploded in the last few years. My aunt lived there for years, when my uncle passed away in 2000 she moved. My parents still live in LOL and my sister lives in Temple Terrace. I have been in GA since 96 and you couldn't pay me to move back there.

Quote:
It's definitely not the way it used to be! We started out in the Valrico area before it exploded -- had cows, horses, ducks, chickens, etc on our little farm and so did everyone else. Now we're definitely in the minority.

Got room for a few more up there? Lol

Yeah. If my parents could sell their place for a good price they would move this way. They are actually in Missouri now, my dad goes out there this time every year and works for some friends hauling grain.
I love it up here. Yeah we have state income tax and tax on groceries, but being able to not look into my neighbors house from mine is SOOOOOO worth it.
I couldn't have touched a sliver of land down there for what I bought 6 acres up here for.

Quote:
I would leave it, as the incubation progresses you will not have to add water too often.

What town are you in? I grew up North of Tampa in LOL

I'm really in the Brandon area, if you know where that is. A suburb of a suburb of a suburb lol

A lot of chicken people in the same general area!! That is soo neat! I moved here to KY from Sun City Center, FL about 5 months ago! I am FREEZING!!!

Quote:

A lot of chicken people in the same general area!! That is soo neat! I moved here to KY from Sun City Center, FL about 5 months ago! I am FREEZING!!!

You will get used to it. I moved here in Jan 96, the week I got here we had an ice storm, I innocently went to the grocery store, and OMG what panick, no milk or bread anywhere, I thought "these people are nuts" I still think that but I love it here. I will never get the "ice storm" = go buy all the milk and bread, honestly if I'm gonna be stuck in my house for days with no power, I want something way better than milk and bread......

Hey Shelley,

I have also had too high humidity in my 1588 bator and my air sacs seem to be way too small for day 18 (today). Do you still think I should plug up the air hole and increase the humidity to 70% tonight? It is now running about 35% after a few days of 75% when I last added water. I took out all the water and dried the bottom. My room runs about 60% (basement) but I guess the fan is keeping the air in there drier than the room humidity. I don't think my air spaces are nearly big enough for a good hatch, what do you guys think? They are about the 14 day size on that scale you posted.

Tammy
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom