Cape May County 4H Poultry Showmanship clinic and Poultry disease and parasite clinic May 4 2013

DragonfyrNJ

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 19, 2009
FAR South NJ
Poultry Showmanship Clinic May 4, 2013 10 AM

Richard Hickman will be doing a Poultry Showmanship Clinic on May 4th from 10 AM to noon. He will be demonstrating the basics and finer points of Poultry Showmanship for poultry 4Hers as well as anyone else interested in how to show a bird.

Please bring a picnic lunch because our Showmanship Clinic will be followed by:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Poultry Disease/Parasite Clinic May 4, 2013 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Peter Brown, the "Chicken Doctor", owner of First State Vet Supply, is willing to do a poultry disease/parasite clinic May 4th at 1 PM and will be available after the presentation for questions. He will be showing slides and discussing CRD, Coccidiosis, Marek's and possibly LT as well as mites, scaly leg, bumblefoot and chicken lice and their treatment.
Because we are a 4H Club association he is willing to do this at no charge.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]From Peter
I have been Doctoring Poultry since I was 14 years old. That now puts me at
about 53 years of doing this come this April. I have an Associate degree in
Agriculture from the State University of New York Agricultural and Technical
College at Farmingdale. I received that degree as a result of taking every
Agricultural Course that they had at the time.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I went from College to upstate New York and managed the Avian Bates Poultry
Farm in Wurtsboro,NY. From there I went on to become Vice President of all
Live Production for Rose Acres Farms in Seymour Indiana. I then went on and
did a short stint with The Indiana Farm Bureau in Indianapolis,IN as the
director of their Poultry Division. I then became a Territory Manager for
Salisbury Labs., which later became Solvay Labs. Approximately 10 years
later I went on my own doing what I currently do.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]He is willing to bring his new Poultry Emergency kits if anyone would like to purchase them. One is vitamins and medications with instructions that will get you by for a few days until you can consult with a vet (he does phone consultations) and the other, if it is ready in time, will have basic emergency needs such as tube feeding equipment and illustrated instructions, scalpels, vetwrap and sutures (this kit is in the works and I do not have a complete list of what it will contain or when it will be available).[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom