Cape Town, South Africa

Good day everyone. Im in Obs and thus far I have a dutch bantan cross, a lil white bantam which is even smaller than the dutch. Both these galls are 2yrs. They are my duckling hatching crew this spring.
Then I got myself a Rhode Island Red pullet. Not laying yet but shes my favourite. Shes always by my side and when Im lucky, she talks back.
Im hoping to add an Aracauna and Wyandotte soon
1f600.png

Oh and Im working hard on finding a way to have a city rooster. There must be way, for so long as there is a will there is a way, unless Will is being fired apon.

Good day everyone
Could somebody assist me with buying some hens in Cape Town? I'm really struggling to find a breeder that can assist me.
thanks

"Die ou plaas hek" in Brackefell. I bought 10 lohman brown hens from them, very mild mannered chickens compared to the rhode island red, and the koekoeks I had before them. I get 6 - 8 eggs a day from the 10 hens. The rhode island reds I got 1 egg every day.

Hi everyone, its so lovely to see that there are so many "chicken people" from Cape Town on this website!

I've got two little D'uccle hens and I'm loving them, so characterful and both have their own personalities. I'm hoping to get more one day, but i'm happy with the two at the moment.

Morning all.
I have three young Roosters that are 3 months old that need a home. I am in Durbanville.
Can anyone assist?
Thanks
Doug

Hi all

I am brand new to this forum. My partner and I live in Muizenberg and want to start our own backyard chickens. The coop is already built and they have a big enclosure to roam in ... now all we need is chickens! Where can we get chickens (hens only that are not overly noisy, as we live in a residential area) around Cape Town? We are specifically looking for egg laying chickens. Can anyone recommend any breeds specifically? What are your experiences with cats and chickens? ... our boy is a very inqusitive creature and quite the avid hunter ...

Thanks all for your help!

Have a happy Christmas and a great 2016!

Jasmin

Hi everyone
I live in durbanville/Tygervalley area and I have 3 young boys that urgently need a home. Can anyone assist?
2 white hylines and 1 bosvelder.
Thanks.

Hi, my family and I are moving to Hout Bay in a couple of months and are keen to get two chickens so we can have fresh eggs and teach the kids where food comes from and so forth. I'd be grateful for any contacts in CT who can help us get set up with chickens (ideally chickens rather than eggs) and coop. And of course any advice in general would be warmly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Chumps,

I you are looking for specific breeds, then I'm not sure, but if you're happy with a mixed breed, then you can probably get some from Valley Farmstall in Hout Bay.
Not sure about coop builders!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom