Car Coop?!

Why can't you just put them in a large dog carrier to transport them. I know a lady that travels with her 3 hens every weekend. Don't ask me why she does this but she does. They even lay for her during the travels which that in itself boggles my mind but anyway. If you are worried about water on the trip just put a piece of watermelon or cantalope in the carrier/crate with them and they will be fine and so will your upholstery.
wink.png

If it is going to be a cold and windy ride you might want to lay a blanket over the crate but other than that they should make the trip just fine

I think they travel better in a snug dark box. If they have room to stand they're always shuffling around trying to keep their balance every time the car starts/stops/turns. It's better if they can just nestle down in some straw. If the box is dim/dark they'll just doze until they arrive, they won't need food & water for the trip. Then you don't have to worry about water tipping out & splashing all over. They should be able to nap during a 3-hour trip and wake up on your arrival.

Just make sure they have sufficient air in their box, and of course NEVER leave them in the car with the windows rolled up. But you knew that already.

Bon voyage!

We take ours for rides to the feed store and they sit right on my lap. I have also used a dog crate which worked out fine. They just laid down until we got to our destination.
smile.png

Another vote for the dog crate...that's how I moved mine. 3 hours shouldn't be too stressful for them. I threw some scratch down on the woodchips & that kept them busy & happy.

Back
Top Bottom