Caravan - Open Fantasy RP - Jump right in!

(Yes)
Raven stopped and studied the woman carefully. "Hello" She said her voice soft and musical.

Hello? Who answered an arrow pointed at one's heart with 'hello'? Brylla drew her knocked arrow back another finger's width, making the bow creak. "Drop your bow," she commanded, planning to ensure the woman was disarmed before attempting to gather any more information from her.

"You arent gonna make me go back are you..?" Lily asked staring at the woman with wide scared eyes.
"No" Amber said looking to Lily "Anyone who would chain a child" She shook her head "No, I wouldn't take you back to such a person, even if I knew who it was."

Hello? Who answered an arrow pointed at one's heart with 'hello'? Brylla drew her knocked arrow back another finger's width, making the bow creak. "Drop your bow," she commanded, planning to ensure the woman was disarmed before attempting to gather any more information from her.
Raven shrugged and bent as though to put her bow down, then jumped aside behind the tree "How about a 'no' on that one" She said with a musical laugh. "I am curious though, what you humans think you are doing out here in the forests."

Lily lowered her head. "Good.." she murmured.
Amber watched Lily, then went back to watching the forest. Her eyes were never still for long, a habit of hers that had saved her life more than once. "Have a seat, get comfortable, or go. It is your choice. I never force anyone to stay with me"

"I'm not a child, so stop yanking me around like one." He pulled his arm away from her again with an annoyed snort, this pattern of him being dragged around like a dog who couldn't think for himself was rapidly growing old. Karin only looked to be a few years older than him anyways, and there was no hierarchy or social status which made either one of them in charge of the other.

"I'm not a child, so stop yanking me around like one." He pulled his arm away from her again with an annoyed snort, this pattern of him being dragged around like a dog who couldn't think for himself was rapidly growing old. Karin only looked to be a few years older than him anyways, and there was no hierarchy or social status which made either one of them in charge of the other.

"Would you rather i take you as prisnor?" Karin asked. She had turned to face him but was walking backwards. "No? Good." She turned back.

"You won't take me as anything," he retorted, refusing to follow her. "I am not your prisoner, or your partner, or your friend. And if you think that you're going to boss me around for this entire trip then I am not coming with you."

The remaining guards and the few merchants and travelers had managed to get the three wagons back on track. It took another two hours of hard work to get the vehicles to the relatively level ground at the top of the mountain pass. After some debate, it was decided they would camp there tonight and start the trip down the other side first thing in the morning.

With a few hours of daylight remaining before nightfall, the group hurried to make their position as defensible as possible. They brought the wagons close together and ringed them with sticks sharpened and pointed outwards to deter attackers. Terrick was glad for the work and he threw himself at it with gusto. It kept his mind from dwelling too much on the events of today and the friends he had lost.

When it was finished though, he still found himself unable to banish thoughts of his fallen comrades and their bodies strewn around the lost wagon. "I'm going back down to give them a proper burial," he said, breaking the brooding silence over dinner. "They deserve better than to be left to the wolves. If anyone wants to help, I wouldn't say no..."

----

Brylla's reaction time was slowed greatly by her throbbing head. Her arrow left the bow as the elf before her dove for the cover of the nearest tree and swore under her breath as it missed the woman by a hair's breadth. "What are we doing here? I live here and you are the intruder," she answered coldly as she knocked another arrow to her bow.

Back
Top Bottom