Caring for ducklings in fall/winter

Best of luck, murray08 and
welcome-byc.gif

:-(. Not one of them hatched. So sad. My girl just sat and sat and sat,so I found three little mottled d'uccle's that she took to instantly. its pretty adorable.

Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement. Since we were so excited to have ducks we went ahead and adopted two blue swede boys from a local rescue. They are awesome little fellas!

Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement. Since we were so excited to have ducks we went ahead and adopted two blue swede boys from a local rescue. They are awesome little fellas!

Aww, that's great! Good for you for adopting some rescue ducks! :)

Thanks, they are a type of chicken :) so everyone is happy! Momma hen got her chicks and human mom got her ducks lol. I'm not sure how to add a photo but if you google mottled d'uccle chicken you will see what they look like. :)

Maybe you will have better luck having her hatch ducks next time believe me it's hilarious watching a little hen with babies that are the same size as her in a couple of weeks following her around and coming when she calls. I just had a black tailed buff Japanese hatch 7 ducklings and a few weeks ago my white Japanese hatched 3 and I gave her about 6 more .....

Back
Top Bottom