casportpony

🦚🦆🦃🐔
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
Have any of you given injectable vitamin B complex to a cat? Or know what the dose is? I found this that says to give cats 0.5 to 1 ml, but I would prefer to give it based on his weight (1.7 kg).
1700526588363.png

High potency vitamin b injection (vetdepot.com)

Attachments

• high-potency-vitamin-b-injection.pdf
    62.2 KB · Views: 2
I found this:
1700566112899.png

All the B vitamins are water soluble, not fat soluble so it's pretty hard to overdose it. Any excess will be excreted.

My dog has had 6 bouts of bloody diarrhea in less than 4 years. One of them was hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. I'm waiting for the blood work back from Cornell to see if she has low intrinsic factor that may be causing this with her. If she has it, she'll be getting B complex injections weekly. I had a good conversation with my vet about it and we discussed the various vitamins/minerals and which could potentially be overdosed. The water soluble ones are very difficult.

I would shoot for the middle of the acceptable range and see how your cat responds.

I found this:
1700566112899.png

All the B vitamins are water soluble, not fat soluble so it's pretty hard to overdose it. Any excess will be excreted.

My dog has had 6 bouts of bloody diarrhea in less than 4 years. One of them was hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. I'm waiting for the blood work back from Cornell to see if she has low intrinsic factor that may be causing this with her. If she has it, she'll be getting B complex injections weekly. I had a good conversation with my vet about it and we discussed the various vitamins/minerals and which could potentially be overdosed. The water soluble ones are very difficult.

I would shoot for the middle of the acceptable range and see how your cat responds.
That is super helpful, thanks! What is "low intrinsic factor"?

Back
Top Bottom