Cat with black boogers

I have one of two new kittens who gets this with no other symptoms. I just thought it was her getting to into her canned food and getting it in her nose, but I thought I would look it up and was happily surprised that it brought me here. I'm going to mention it to her vet.

My 4.5 month old rescue also has black nose boogers. She is an Orange and White tabby. She had a URI when I adopted her. I clean the boogers and the next day, they are back.
She gets spayed in 2 weeks. I’ll ask about it then.

My 6 month old kitten, Casper, has hard black boogers on the rims of his nostrils. His nose is dry to the touch and it seems to hurt him when we try to get it off. I can't imagine what it could be besides the litter or a cold. He uses arm and hammer clumping litter, but my other cats use it too and they don't have it. He is an indoor cat, except when he goes on the balcony a few times a day. Also, we got him about 4 months ago from the animal shelter, they said they found him as a stray. I forgot to add, he acts perfectly healthy other than that. Thanks for any help!
big_smile.png

Hello! I have had lots of cats, I never had this issue until recently. I have a light orange female kitty who gets these that I bottle raised. It seems like they’re more prone to have a low immune system by this threat! My white kitties don’t get the black boogers but they do have feline herpes which is highly contagious! You can give them vitamin treats or a paste :)

Back
Top Bottom