Catfish pellets

Nobody chimed in with an answer,,,, so let me offer my opinion.
I am assuming, catfish pellets is feed you give to farm raised catfish. I have no idea what nutritional percentages that feed contains.
What are you feeding your flock currently??? Main question,,,what is the protein percentage?? Many peeps feed 16% protein feed, because it is reasonably priced. I see that as bare-bone minimum percentage. I personally feed my flock an 18% protein feed. I know peeps that raise game chickens use a higher percentage feed than 18%. Also,, some do increase protein in feed during molting, to help with feather regrowth.

If you want to offer winter treats,, I suggest you give them extra scratch. I can already see some readers ready to battle me over my statement. I'm just fine with that since everyone is entitled to their opinions. :old
Here is my reasoning for the extra scratch. Scratch is higher in carbohydrates. Carbohydrates do generate body heat as burned calories. Chickens stay warm with body heat.
I have been keeping chickens over 20 years now. All my chickens live long lives. I do not eat my chickens,,, but do eat the eggs.
Of course there are the believers that chickens don't need extra carbs, and the regular diet of regular protein amounts is sufficient. Each person is entitled to do as they wish. :)

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

During this season of cold and molt, I give two parts 17% layer feed and one part 26% turkey starter. When molt is really rough I do half and half.

On especially cold nights I toss them some whole kernel corn before bedtime. I found info that says it warms them better and longer through the night if whole.

If you have the catfish pellets, I'd try to look up a feed protein calculator. I'd also make sure there is nothing in them that's harmful to chickens, which may be a challenge. If you have an ingredient list to share, that may help.

I recently heard from a friend that catfish pellets will increase productivity and quality of the eggs. He said to mix some in with my girls' feed. So I did. So far, when their feeder is empty, I find all the pellets left in the bottom. Once, I handed the girls some oatmeal (their favorite treat) mixed with catfish pellets. One of them picked up a pellet and then gently placed it back in my hand. I could hear her thinking, "Well, no, I don't think I'll be eating any of that, thank you." My friend claimed he got 40 eggs one day from nine chickens -- because of the pellets. I say that's impossible.

I recently heard from a friend that catfish pellets will increase productivity and quality of the eggs. He said to mix some in with my girls' feed. So I did. So far, when their feeder is empty, I find all the pellets left in the bottom. Once, I handed the girls some oatmeal (their favorite treat) mixed with catfish pellets. One of them picked up a pellet and then gently placed it back in my hand. I could hear her thinking, "Well, no, I don't think I'll be eating any of that, thank you." My friend claimed he got 40 eggs one day from nine chickens -- because of the pellets. I say that's impossible.
You have smart chickens :thumbsup Your friend also has smart chickens, :gig
A few of these in his flock. :old

1650141013009.jpeg

It doesn't sound like your friend ever actually had chickens because he would know that 40 eggs in one day from nine chickens is impossible 40 eggs in a week sure that sounds kind of normal

Back
Top Bottom