Cats and Dogs

KaileyBrown

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2015
Orlando, FL
I have a cat and a dog that are extremely interested in my indoor chicks and my chicks are interested in them. We just had to change cages because my chicks were escaping to find my critters. More than 5 times a day the chicks would flap out of the box and find one or both animals and play with them. Both cat and dog were extremely friendly to our pet bunny when she came home at a few weeks old and super tiny. Is it okay for my chicks to interact with my other animals? They pick through my cats fur and then snuggle up with her and nap while my cat rarely wakes up to notice them. They climb all over my dog who just licks them and nudges with his nose. Will they make each other sick? The picture is of one of my RIRs peeping LOUDLY trying to get my cat's attention and the kitty wouldn't even look because they peck her nose.

It depends on your animals. My two cats and dog are very friendly. They would never hurt my ducklings and quail. My cats just like to watch them and my dog doesn't even care about them. She actually was the one who alerted me by growling at the owl who was watching my birds and she never growls.

My dog protects our bunny when she's outside. He's in training to be an assistance/companion dog for my son. I'm worried about my cat. She has zero prey drive for anything but lizards. She meows and all the chicks run to her. Maybe she thinks they are her babies? Or the chicks think she is their mama?

Back
Top Bottom