Cauliflower Wart like growth on 8 week old Serama

Newchickiemom1

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2022
So my pullet serama suddenly had this wart like thing show up. I am unsure what it is. I also looked in her beak and there's on the bottom as well. Does any know what this is and what I can do to treat it?
She has already been separated from her flock.

Attachments

• 20220719_091247.jpg
    20220719_091247.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 17
what is your location? Do you have mosquitoes? This could be the wet form of fowl pox, spread by mosquitoes. It can look just like canker and cause lesions inside the mouth as canker does. However, there is no cure for pox. About the best you can do is paint iodine on the lesions and hope they will hurry up and dry up.

Careful attention needs to be paid to the lesions inside of the mouth as they can interfere with eating. Very bad cases have to be tube fed if the chicken quits eating.

what is your location? Do you have mosquitoes? This could be the wet form of fowl pox, spread by mosquitoes. It can look just like canker and cause lesions inside the mouth as canker does. However, there is no cure for pox. About the best you can do is paint iodine on the lesions and hope they will hurry up and dry up.

Careful attention needs to be paid to the lesions inside of the mouth as they can interfere with eating. Very bad cases have to be tube fed if the chicken quits eating.
Yes we have mosquitoes bad here. I'm in NC.

Okay thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom