cayuga duck thread

Pics
Well the 18 ducklings went out to their nursery yesterday. It got warm in the afternoon so I put in a frozen water jug and they all stayed comfy. I saw it was supposed to be in the mid to high sixties last night so I put the heat lamp on. I checked on them a couple of time during the night and when I let my dogs out around 2 a.m. and everything was alright. This a.m. I did my regular routine, let the chickens out, let the geese out and fed them, went to let the ducks out and...all the ducklings were just fine, peeping, running around, getting very excited to see me...the bringer of food and water. The adult ducks refused to come out of the coop preferring to just stand there watching the ducklings and complaining about the noisy "kids" that moved in next door. The ducklings seem to be very interested in the adults and can't understand why they (the adult ducks) don't fall for their cute factor. I am glad it worked out because 18 ducklings in an indoor brooder is a bit much to handle.

One of the babies has it's beak out the shell it looks diffrent from my first so far maybe more yellow but the beak looks more pink which is also very diffrent than the first .

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my female cayuga Aspen and her boyfriend Birch(a f&w runner) their such cuties. will have to try and get a pic of the other two younger female cayuga's i have and share it with you guys

Guys it looks just like a mallard duckling ( keep in mind that the father is either a mallard or Rouen and the mother is half mallard )

But if you rember last time my first baby looked like a black Swedish I have another egg hatching soon ( or it might not there's a crack in it but this baby just spun it to heaven and back ) I might look like a black Swedish

Back
Top Bottom