cayuga duck thread

Pics

Duckling #7 and only one egg to go

:woot My goodness you really had a staggered hatch what do you think of that? Compared to all hatching with in a few days of each other? Come on #8 we're all waiting .

Never, again. Lol. It was a lot of fun but once time came for lockdown and we had to manually turn the eggs and trying to find a happy medium with humidity it was just craziness. I did love giving each hatchling individual attention as they hatched but from here on out I'm going with a smaller clutch that all start incubation at same time. We started the incubation on 10/15 and it will almost be a month and a half when the last egg hatches.

Never, again. Lol. It was a lot of fun but once time came for lockdown and we had to manually turn the eggs and trying to find a happy medium with humidity it was just craziness. I did love giving each hatchling individual attention as they hatched but from here on out I'm going with a smaller clutch that all start incubation at same time. We started the incubation on 10/15 and it will almost be a month and a half when the last egg hatches.
Wow I'd be a basket case probably. How's #8 doing? hopefully coming along.
smile.png

Exciting.  #7 met the gang yet?

7 has met the other three little ones (Huey, Dewey and Louie) but not the bigger ones yet. #8 I believe has passed away before hatching. We were gone today, out in the mountains finding our Christmas tree, and when we got home the thermometer and humidity gauge that controls the incubator had fallen to the bottom of the incubator instead of where I had it at top of egg height. That height difference makes a huge difference with the heat and I'm afraid it got too hot for the little one, I'm not seeing any movement in the egg tonight whereas this morning there was good movement. I added water to the incubator and a soaked paper towel under the egg to help cool it down in case it wasn't too late. I'll give it another day to make sure it isn't just resting and being very still.

7 has met the other three little ones (Huey, Dewey and Louie) but not the bigger ones yet. #8 I believe has passed away before hatching. We were gone today, out in the mountains finding our Christmas tree, and when we got home the thermometer and humidity gauge that controls the incubator had fallen to the bottom of the incubator instead of where I had it at top of egg height. That height difference makes a huge difference with the heat and I'm afraid it got too hot for the little one, I'm not seeing any movement in the egg tonight whereas this morning there was good movement. I added water to the incubator and a soaked paper towel under the egg to help cool it down in case it wasn't too late. I'll give it another day to make sure it isn't just resting and being very still.

:fl

@searlus Hope it responded to the TLC when you got home..

I bet they are all having a blast playing in their water and running amuck lol We need more pics when you have time..

Back
Top Bottom