cayuga duck thread

Pics
@searlus
  Hope it responded to the TLC when you got home..

I bet they are all having a blast playing in their water and running amuck  lol  We need more pics when you have time..

Unfortunately, it didn't make it. Not only could I not see any movement in the egg when I candles it, the little one never changed position between candling.

As for the Magnificent Seven, they are doing great! They are in two separate brooders otherwise there wouldn't be enough space for them in just one. The older ones are little pigs, lol. As soon as we clean the brooder they make it their mission to empty their food and water onto their floor and make a little swamp. All but #7 got too have some bathtub fun the other day, 7 was still to fresh out of the incubator to play.

Here are the Magnificent Seven

This is Don (because his crest currently makes it look like Don King)

This is Miracle, Miracle was stuck in its shell and we had to help it out.

We haven't come up with a name for #3 yet.

Here are the triplets, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. And the grey one hasn't been named yet, waiting to see its personality.

Here are the Magnificent Seven

This is Don (because his crest currently makes it look like Don King)

This is Miracle, Miracle was stuck in its shell and we had to help it out.

We haven't come up with a name for #3 yet.

Here are the triplets, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. And the grey one hasn't been named yet, waiting to see its personality.
#3 Tiny.. I love all the pics but have to admit Don King is just the cutest with it's little head dress.

I am so sorry the last one didn't make it.

I love the name the Magnificent 7

#3 Tiny.. I love all the pics but have to admit Don King is just the cutest with it's little head dress. 

I am so sorry the last one didn't make it.

I love the name the Magnificent 7

Haha I love the name Tiny! Yeah I love their crests.
The two crested ducks are the Drakes that fertilized the eggs, they both had pretty good size crests.

Last edited:
Haha I love the name Tiny! Yeah I love their crests. The two crested ducks are the Drakes that fertilized the eggs, they both had pretty good size crests.
@searlus They sure do did you get them as ducklings or hatch them? did either have any problems being crested when young?

Last edited:
@searlus
They sure do did you get them as ducklings or hatch them? did either have any problems being crested when young?
We bought them as ducklings. No problems when they were young. And so far the only hatchlings that have the crest are Don and Miracle, all the others appear to be normal.

We bought them as ducklings. No problems when they were young. And so far the only hatchlings that have the crest are Don and Miracle, all the others appear to be normal.
Awesome they went with out issues so many do. Did you know 2 crested should not hatch ducklings. There is quite a bit of info here on BYC if you type in crested in the search.

Awesome they went with out issues so many do.  Did you know 2 crested should not hatch ducklings. There is quite a bit of info here on BYC if you type in crested in the search.
Yeah I've read a lot about them. That's why I was so glad both of our crested ended up being males. As pretty as the cresteds are I wouldn't have bought them knowing what caused the crest. I was comfortable mating them with our Cayuga because genetics says that only 25% of the hatchlings should be crested. We won't know for sure because we lost #8 but 2 of 7 is pretty close to 25%. And I'm very happy they are both doing good

Yeah I've read a lot about them. That's why I was so glad both of our crested ended up being males. As pretty as the cresteds are I wouldn't have bought them knowing what caused the crest. I was comfortable mating them with our Cayuga because genetics says that only 25% of the hatchlings should be crested. We won't know for sure because we lost #8 but 2 of 7 is pretty close to 25%. And I'm very happy they are both doing good
I love responsible duck owners!!
smile.png
I am happy for you, nothing cuter than lil ducklings running around making a mess of their brooders. Give Tiny a hug for me. lol

Back
Top Bottom