Cayuga x Indian Runner - breeding question?

May 21, 2022
Tennessee
Hey all have a Cayuga male & 2 Indian runners female. (Fawn & white & chocolate.)

Does the sex of the male matter in whether they stand & look like a runner? Or does it need to be a female Cayuga & male runner?

Unsure how that works.

Wanting something like this:
14BDF181-1677-4FE1-86D3-1931695E7C8D.png

I’m not sure on those breeds
But I have bred my blue Swedish drake with my khaki / pekin cross ( reddish brown ) female and my girls that hatched are smaller size like mom one was black with the white neck and other was chocolate brown ( way different shade then mom ) with the white neck
My pekin in not a jumbo she is smaller in size
My pekin mom and khaki dad had babies and the girls were brown like dad and smaller like him but the boys looked more mallard and larger then mom

that’s a beautiful duck. i don’t study genetics but i think @cheezenkwackers or @New duck mommy 2021 does.
my concern would be the female runners are so small compared to a big cayuga drake they can get injured
No he has more trouble mating them because they’re taller/longer. They all mate fine though, when they want it.
He mated my khakis, and they were smaller than him. Those little skanks constantly threw themselves at him! Rofl

I’m not sure on those breeds
But I have bred my blue Swedish drake with my khaki / pekin cross ( reddish brown ) female and my girls that hatched are smaller size like mom one was black with the white neck and other was chocolate brown ( way different shade then mom ) with the white neck
My pekin in not a jumbo she is smaller in size
My pekin mom and khaki dad had babies and the girls were brown like dad and smaller like him but the boys looked more mallard and larger then mom
So guess it’s just gonna be a trial run then ehh?? lol

Back
Top Bottom